August 15, 2009

Dropping in to say hello...

So I know that this poor blog is much in need of an update. Seeing that May 7th was my last post, it seems I have a bit of catching up to do. :) I guess that will come soon enough...for i have a lot of processing to do.

But for now, I wanted to post something from several months back that I never published...just as a reminder to myself...and maybe it will come as an encouragement to some other soul. Who knows.

-----------
Thought #1 of the night:

Libya? I’m rather sure the Lord stuck this word upon my heart last night (as I lay in bed sleepless…sounds all too familiar) …and shortly thereafter, reminded me that it was a country in Africa. Ha. interesting.

I have been so challenged by this little book “Crazy Love”. The ponderings mentioned above were the result of asking God--with a heart that was truly desperate to seek and listen--what HIS dreams for my life held. I don't think I've ever done that before. This little red book has reminded me that I DO NOT want to live my life short of what He has designed.

This morning in my time with Him I asked the same question. Listened for a bit. And then part of a lyric…

“…the song of the redeemed…”

I thought for a second. What was that from? Sounded so familiar…And how was that supposed to relate to my question? Then the next line unfolded…

“…rising from the African plain…”

Oh golly. So uh…I don’t know what exactly God’s doing in this heart of mine, but if I’m hearing Him right, it seems his voice is sounding clearer and clearer. I’m slightly freaked out. In a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment