February 25, 2009

To obey, or to disobey? ...that is the question.

I apologize for the delay in my posting…it’s actually a very good thing though, because if I had posted any sooner I would’ve beat myself up over it. On january 20th I posted a rather brutal blurb about what God was teaching me about obedience, etc… and at the end I commited to not post again until I had followed through with obeying the Lord with something that he told me to do a while ago. umm… four YEARS ago, actually. I’ve been dancing around the issue, trying to decide whether I trusted the Lord enough to actually follow through… did He reeeeeeeeally ask me to do this? (Yes. You know I’ve asked you to.) Is there annnny other way around this? (Obey me.) What’s the response going to be?! (That’s not for you to know. Trust and obey Me.) AHHH.

Anyway, I published the post, but that evening, kept feeling a nudging to take it down…I was so confused. Wasn’t I trying to step forward and pull the accountability card so that I’d actually DO IT? …I realize now, maybe the post was indeed for my accountability…but maybe for my eyes only. Several times since then I thought about posting again…I have sure MISSED BLOGGING!…figuring that no one had even had time to read my post before I took it down. But NO!! I decided (several times, haha) to actually follow through with my commitment.

Well friends, it is DONE. (I feel like there should be some loud, dramatic music sounding right now…trumpets or cymbals or something exotic..) A very difficult letter that has gone through many different faces and revisions has finally been rewritten for the 3rd time…and SENT. Sent. What a beautiful word. :]

This has definitely been the doing-hard-things-that-i-really-don’t-want-to-do-because-i-know-God-told-me-to semester. Good grief.

Maybe the first of many. Maybe this is part of walking the walk and not just talking it. oh dear.

" Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. " [james 1:22-25]

More posts to come!!! YAY! :D

2 comments:

  1. First off- I'm SO excited to see a new post over here :-)

    2nd- I love you.

    3rd- i love this post. obedience, i have come to learn, and learn, and learn....is key.

    why would He want to give us more....more to learn, more to obey, more to handle- if we don't obey His given Word.....the bible. So often we find ourselves asking for a "Word" from the Lord. but are we making full use of the Word we've already been given?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i like it girl :) i need a little more background info some day but obedience is the hardest thing to do, but man when we obey He takes you awesome places and teaches you amazing things! Keep truckin girl! love you and so good seein you today!!!! ♥ Em

    ReplyDelete