February 27, 2009

[new things]

Sleepless once more.

My eyelids are falling, but I can’t seem to shut off my brain. I guess it’s hard to fall asleep when your heart is only half in it and you’d really rather be mulling over thoughts about the future…

I have had the most bizarre and fantastic time with perfect strangers this week. I’ve had a child I’ve never seen come up to me, take me by the hand and ask me to play with her. Talk about my heart melting. Ha. I shared a carefree and fascinating conversation with a gal from Bosnia and a gal from Croatia on Tuesday while sipping coffee and enjoying the lovely night air. They have only a few American friends and want to make our evenings at the White Rhino a regular thing. I couldn’t be more delighted. I had two middleschoolers come sit next to me (one of them talking nearly non-stop for an hour and 30 min…but ya know hey..) at starbucks tonight while I was writing a paper.

Really guys. Am I wearing a sign that says “I have Jesus. He’s amazing. Come talk to me!” hanging from my neck? Or has my recently changed perspective…this new burning desire to REALLY share the love I’ve found in Jesus with everyone I come in contact with…has it somehow translated into more opportunities? Or am I just noticing them? and walking in them?

I don't know...but it's the coolest thing ever.

I'm yawning. This is good. Sleep attempt #2.

1 comment: