April 29, 2009

Ridiculously Blessed.

Good grief.

I feel like I'm going to pop out of my skin out of overwhelming thankfulness.

Some "cherries" on top of my blessed life:

The ability to run. what a precious precious gift. and running in the rain? 10 million times better. and running in the rain with lecrae flooding through my speakers? um...something close to bliss.

My fuzzy cat. Haha. But really, what a gift it is to have someone who doesn't even NOTICE my failures and never ceases to love me. EVER. Plus, he's rather cute.

Changing weather. I used to only like sunny days. Now I'm pretty in love with the rain...it makes things GROW. Sometimes it seems kinda dreary and bleak...but it brings LIFE.

My laptop. I DO NOT in any shape, form, or fashion deserve a computer. what a ridiculous thing for an individual to possess. but what a TREMENDOUS blessing. I got this computer for $11-- the cost of shipping. My last computer [oh my gosh, i've had multiple computers...how ridiculously blessed I am!] had some wacky defect and due to rebates and nice people, they replaced it for free. It is SUCH a blessing to me. A place to WRITE. A place to connect with friends. A place to research. A place to read blogs that change my life [okay, really ONE BLOG]. A place to find and listen to life-giving and refreshing music.

The fact that my parents are committed to each other. I don't think about this very often, but OH MY GOODNESS. this is in and of itself--without me even stopping to NOTICE it %99.9 of the time-- is something that has completely changed my life from what it could be. it could be SO different.

The opportunity to go to Uganda. the gift of propelling through the sky in a metal tube...over oceans and continents. again, ridiculous. the opportunity to show LOVE to precious children. the opportunity to say farewell to life as I know it now...to step inside of another culture and continent...to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting community of beautiful people. my heart feels like it is busting at the seams. I DO NOT DESERVE ANY OF THIS. Oh Jesus, you are so KIND.

I am so thankful for my precious Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment