September 20, 2008

That was ONE week?

I stumbled upon this verse tonight, and it seems to put a finger on what I'm feeling tonight.

"The Lord will strike Egypt, striking but healing; so they will return to the Lord, and He will return to them and will heal them." [Isaiah 19:22]

He has taken away so many things this week...and yet, I don't think I've ever felt so abundantly blessed. Some things the Lord has taken away without my consent, and some things He has asked me to give up. Why? Because He knows best. Because He wants me to attach my heart to the LIFE SOURCE--not to an empty cistern.

Though He slay me, I will trust in Him.

Why? Because He wants to bring me back to life. Not the life I was experiencing before. But REAL life. From the Living God.

It seems my heart is softer than it's ever been. And I don't want that to ever change. I want more of Jesus. So much more. I truly, for once in my life, want LESS of ME. I trust Him this week more than I did last week. Oh, that I would trust Him more next week than I do right now.

Everything is beautiful in His timing. When I step out of His timing, I miss out on the beautiful.

I'm hungry. That means it's time for bed.

Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. oooooh Jessssssss!

    my heart has a BIG place for you. :-)

    just fyi.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete